As I was driving Cooper to school Monday, we passed by the same lake we pass by every day. Every time we drive by, he says "lake lake lake" and I casually acknowledge. This Monday was no exception. My sweet boy says... "lake, I wanna play lake."
And I giggled and replied, acknowledging his wish and expressing that we couldn't stop. Instead we had to continue on to daycare, much to his chagrin.
Then it hit me. Wow! My kid just talked. Not the usual "come here," "see that," follow me"... no, this was a full on sentence with more than three words. Guess I better update the baby book.
Of course, Nana (aka my mom) says he's been saying sentences for a while now (perhaps my standards are higher). She also claims he said one slightly crass word some time ago, and I still haven't heard him say that either. For the record, Gary and I don't use that word... and no, I won't tell you on this blog what it is.
But I digress. My little boy is growing up, and I blinked and almost missed it.
never forget the healing
12 years ago





1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Cooper!!!!!
Post a Comment