Monday, July 27, 2009

Terrific Twos!

As Cooper always says... "I'm baaaaack"!

My apologies for the long delay. Needless to say, but sometimes life gets in the way. I do, however, have a serious backlog of photos that need to be shared with the world. Cooper celebrated his second birthday earlier this month. In addition, Gary and I celebrated eight years of marriage AND Gary celebrated a birthday (I'm not going to tell you which one)! Here is my feeble attempt to redeem myself as mommy blogger.

We just had Cooper's two year check-up and he was such a big boy. Other than a head dive onto the floor right in front of the doctor which nearly caused me to hyperventilate, it was an uneventful appointment. He weighs 27 lbs (still) and is 34 inches tall. He seems to be catching up a little in the height department. Or, we didn't have his head all the way at the end of the table.

Here are just a few of the 3 million pics I took at his recently little birthday party. We had a small gathering of mostly family to honor the occasion, and enjoyed playing in Bebe's beautiful swimming pool. I have a lot to catch you up on, particularly about Bebe (Gary's mom), but that requires a separate and fully dedicated post and I won't go into it now.

Two is terrific, though...
Cooper_2nd-Bday-008

(We had a good laugh right after he blew out the candles because he got mad and yelled "NO" right as everyone clapped. I have a photo, but Gary doesn't like it so won't let me post it).

Temptation
Cooper_2nd-Bday-013

Tastiness
Cooper_2nd-Bday-018

Treats that excite
Cooper_2nd-Bday-033

Treasured
Cooper_2nd-Bday-046

Thrilled
Cooper_2nd-Bday-051

Tricks that delight!
Cooper_2nd-Bday-057

Trains
Cooper_2nd-Bday-045

Trikes (or bike as Cooper calls it)
Cooper_2nd-Bday-080

Try with all his might!
Cooper_2nd-Bday-081

Two really is T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C!

4 comments:

the mama said...

Can you believe he's 2?? What happened haha. :) I LOVE his cake! Did you make that? :) Too too cute! Looks like a great birthday and I love his bike! :)

LaLa said...

Happy Birthday!!! Our boys are exactly 6 months apart and right now that is a big difference but in no time I think they will play well together : )

The Murphy Family said...

Um, I'll take a playdate with BOTH of your boys any time! No Arminda, I did not make that cake. But a friend of a friend did and it was YUMMY!

Fennells said...

Happy Birthday Cooper! We miss you on BBC!