Monday, May 4, 2009

My get it...

...and other famous Cooperisms.

This post is another attempt to document all the things I love about our beautiful, wonderful, hard-headed, strong-willed, jumping, frog-imitating, life-loving, jump in the crib son. Things that I should be writing in a book somewhere, but instead I'm document on the World Wide Web to share with all of you.

"My get it" - one of his most frequented phrases. A great example of his independent spirit. In reference to anything he wants, MY GET IT works.

"Go way" was learned at daycare. An attempt to stop biting before it starts, they armed him with the strong words "go way"! "Go way mom, go way dad. My get it!"

"Love you" is my personal favorite, although it sounds more like Luh You.

"That's me" in pointing to himself in a photo. I love how his voice tilts upward on the Me part... like he's so excited. I still haven't figured out where he picked this one up, though.

"I got you!" A new phrase, used while chasing parents down the hall. A tactical maneuver for delaying things like bedtime.

"Yee Haw" is best used when wearing a crumbling old cowboy hat and jumping up and down on his bouncy horse. Sometimes it works well when climbing on things, though.

And what post would be complete without photos?


What's that? A black eye you say? You're right. He got that from trying to wrestle with someone at daycare. It's long gone now.


"Yee Haw!"

1 comment:

Fennells said...

He has grown up so much! Great post Mandy. These moments are so incredible!