Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Coop's-capades

As my mom kindly pointed out to me yesterday, I'm a little behind on posting here. I guess I've been too busy chasing a toddler these days. He's growing up so fast. Just this week I realized that his language has leaped into a whole new category. He has so many words, and is starting to put them together. Last night, he piled into my lap while we read one of his favorite books, "That's Not My Pony." He thinks it's so funny. He took the book away and started saying "Noooo..." followed by a bunch of syllables I could only guess meant "that's not my pony." His first attempt at reading I suppose. Where is the video camera for those moments?!

His hair is getting long and full. This time daddy is delaying the haircut, which I'm totally fine with. I've always secretly liked boys with a bit longer hair. Could explain why I'm also okay when Gary grows facial hair. I like my boys a little scruffy! :)

I've also decided we should investigate adding some sort of toddler seat to the 4-wheeler. Cooper could ride that thing for hours. On Sunday, Gary took him all around the yard and pasture. He had so much fun, and it absolutely broke his heart when we made him stop for dinner.

We've survived all the winter illnesses, and are looking forward to the return of spring and great health. Hope these new pictures make up for my lack of posts.

Avoiding bedtime perhaps by pretending to sleep...
Coop's Capades

Oops, busted!
Coop's Capades

Mr. Independent attempting to put on his shoes all by himself thank you!
Coop's Capades

And broken-hearted when daddy lost patience and decided to do it for him. (We see this face a lot!)
Coop's Capades

You want me to do what???!!!
Coop's Capades

This happened by accident, but I thought it was so cool how I captured the drool mid-drop.
Coop's Capades

Here's a closer look (sorry, I can't resist myself):
Coop's Capades

Watching "panes" as Cooper would say.
Coop's Capades

4 comments:

Their Momma said...

Precios, precious, precious!!!

Fennells said...

Mandy those pics are awesome! So great to see how Coop is growing up and nice to hear from you! I've been such a slacker on the photos lately. Gotta get back at it! You've inspired me.

atd said...

You make me jealous with your photos! You have such great talent...ditch that day job baby! Of course the cute subject helps!

the mama said...

Such cute photos!! :) Oh my gosh we have the same shoe thing here with Mason. He LOVES shoes! Nice job on the drool too haha! Both you AND Cooper! haha Hope you guys are well!