Friday, February 29, 2008

When the weather outside is frightful

Guess who gets her camera out! We had our first measurable snow this week. It was so pretty, just didn't stick around past noon. Cooper had a "snow day," so I stayed home in the a.m. and got a few pics before we headed off to a doctor's appointment (see pics below). Speaking of doctor, Cooper has his first ear infection. Yuck! At least now I know why he hasn't been sleeping at night, and we're already seeing major improvement. He's such a trooper. I never knew he felt bad except for the fact that he just stopped sleeping at night. He's happy it's the weekend, though. All of us are!

Snow is really coming down.
Snow day 2008

Old man has to inspect the weather.
Snow day 2008

Even Clark took a minute to peek out of the barn.
Snow day 2008

The horses could care less about a little snow as long as they have their hay.
Snow day 2008 Snow day 2008

Meanwhile, the dogs venture out for a bit. They think they're safe since it's not raining. I guess they haven't figured out that snow melts!
Snow day 2008

Only one dog stayed inside where it's safe and warm. Okay, warm yes - safe, not really. I think she's smart to be afraid of little Cooper! Do you see the fear in her eyes?
Snow day 2008

2 comments:

tennessee redhead said...

Beautiful pictures of the snow, the animals and of course Cooper! Hope his ear infection clears up fast. - Dee

the mama said...

Wow I didn't know you had horses too! Now I'm really jealous! Seriously though, your pictures are so beautiful. :)