Thursday, February 7, 2008

7 months and growing

I meant to write this post yesterday on Cooper's actual 7 month birthday, but somehow life got in the way! I hate when that happens. He's such a busy little guy these days. He is so full of life, and I'm amazed at how much he's learning and growing each day. Gary swears he said "mama" tonight, but I didn't hear it so that means it doesn't count! Well, it doesn't count until he hears "Dada"... and then I'll be sure to remind him that Mama came first.

Milestone accomplishments:
*Not crawling, but he's all about sitting up. Sometimes he lunges forward and pushes into a weird position, and then does a big fat face plant. It won't be long.
*Pulls up on everything, especially in the tub which is a bit scary. He also tries to pull up on his sit & sing, the changing table, and pretty much anything he can get his hands on.
*Fine motor skills are really improving. I noticed tonight he was trying to lift a flap on a book. He's so smart!
*And just this week, he's almost sleeping through the night! He goes to bed at 7:30, and wakes up at 7:00. And this week he's only been waking one time to eat, around 5 or 6 o'clock. So I think we're really close to a full nights sleep. (Hopefully I can train myself not to go in and check on him all the time)!

It is hard to imagine how boring life was before he came along. We love you Cooper and happy birthday baby!!

No comments: