Cooper is so busy being Mr. Independent, that it is a pleasant surprise when he needs special mommy loving. I got a lot of special hugs from him. And in return, I let him have a little spoon time on his own (and yes, I still feed him from a jar occasionally... hey, it gets veggies in him). He's good at getting the spoon to the jar, and back to his mouth. But I am not sure exactly how much food ends up eaten.
Spoon goes in jar, tongue comes out for concentration. Notice the look of sheer delight underneath that concentrating exterior.

See mom... I can get it in my mouth!

And sometimes, it's just easier to lick the jar.

There's nothing particularly amazing about this photo if you're not his mom. But to me, it sums up everything. I am shocked to look at this and see that my baby boy can get in this squatting stance to pick toys up, when a month ago he couldn't even walk. (Notice how he grips the floor with his toes). He's come such a long way. I'm also amazed at the amount of hair he's getting. He simply amazes me. How many times have I typed AMAZED?

Peek-a-boo! That's what we were playing when this was snapped, and I love the expression on his face.

Okay, don't be too disappointed. Jennifer Raines did the real portraits and I know hers are MUCH better... but here's a sneak peek of what to expect. This is Cooper and his BFF Emmalyn checking out a bucket of tomatoes.

"Hey Em, go long - I'm gonna lob this one...."

Yes folks, tomatoes were harmed during the production of these photos. Fortunately, all of the kids clothes did come clean.

Good night and sleep tight! See you next post.





No comments:
Post a Comment